Thursday, March 23, 2006

blogs

I don 't get this blog thing. Some old school protestant reformed preacher (glyn) needs to come up with a fancy acronym telling me and the rest of the world why a blog matters. You know what I mean . . .B is for _____, L is for ____ blah, blah, blah. {hint: a book called Aquachurch may help develop your thinking around how to do this.}

After looking at a few of these things, I've yet to see anything more than personal musings about nothingness. Isn't this what L! groups are for?

OK, I've been getting abused - verbally of course - for my selection of a 'display name'. It's a feeble attempt at humor given the family blog name - all of our friends already know the truth about who the real ruler is (see Eph 5:22).

3 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Chickenone said...

This is what happens when you thoughtfully include your husband in a new aspect of your life and invite him to participate.

For those that know him (and still love him) it would be healthy for him to experience a "severe blogging" - help me out here people!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

Personal musings about nothingness - yep, that's it. And it's GREAT! Especially for those of us who wish we were in a lifegroup together, but SOMEONE had to move to the other side of the country. I miss the musings about life, kids, and SteinMart from you and M.

(And speaking of people moving, Jaymarie,if you are reading this, go and write a new post already. It's been a month!)

M - a severe blogging - that's so clever! :) I'm going to have to borrow that one!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think all of ky coop cast readers need to help come up with a new id for the "ruler of the roost." How about beak brain? or giblet guy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home