Wednesday, February 28, 2007



12 Steps

1. I have admitted I am powerless over Samoas and Thin Mints.

2. I have come to believe that the great power of three Samoas at 4:30 PM helps to restore my sanity daily.

3. I have made a decision to turn my willpower off and ignore the Nutrition Facts listed on the box.

4. I have made a searching and fearless inventory of my pantry and freezer to make sure all boxes are accounted for.

5. Admitted to God, to myself and to you the exact nature of my Girl Scout cookie consumption habits.

6. I am entirely ready to have God negate all of the calories and fat I consume in these cookies.

7. I have humbly asked Him to remove all my cellulite.

8. I have made a list of all of the people who really should eat more Girl Scout cookies and am willing to give a cookie to them all.

9. I have made amends to all Girl Scouts I have not yet purchased cookies from.

10. I continue to take personal inventory and when I haven't eaten enough Girl Scout cookies, properly admitted it.

11. Sought through visualization and meditation to consciously be open to other kinds of Girl Scout cookies.

12. Having had a powerful emotional and physiological response to these cookies, I try to communicate the positive message of these cookies to people everywhere.


7 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ah yes, Girl Scout Cookies Anonymous. It was just a matter of time before it became an official organization.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Terri B. said...

MMMMM. Thin Mints. Peanut Butter (I can't think of what the peanut butter cookies are called; too busy eating them to read the box; but I recognize the pictures on the box allowing me to buy them every year).

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Sheila said...

Yes, I have a box and a half of thin mints. They probably won't last the weekend. I love the thin mints.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello this is california calling.

"l heard what you said,
but it took you, like, eight seconds."


"You can't come back with a comeback after
eight seconds. You got three. Five, tops."

mmuuuhhaaaaa

I am waiting!! Has Mark received his gift yet?

Love Stu

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Chickenone said...

Stu - many thanks for the "gift"

He saw it last night and said he knew people in CA had has back.

I'm thoughtfully composing an open letter regarding your utilitarian gift... I'll attempt to post it later this weekend, in between DOING IT ALL here for Mr. Disabled.

;0

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger oopsdupps said...

My theory is to eat a box per day. With my method, the temptation leaves your house but sticks behind.
Two boxes to go.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Mom101 said...

This pregnant woman says DAMN YOU for mentioning Thin Mints. Now where the heck am I supposed to find Thin Mints at 9:39 on a Wednesday night. Any ideas on how to kidnap a Girl Scout in Brooklyn?

(And thanks for the blogroll mention - right kind of ya.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home