Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Spring Break 2008

We haven't had any showings this week so we're dangerously close to living in complete squalor with dishes in the sink, actual trash in the indoor trash cans, two loads of laundry folded but not put away. I know, I'm starting to talk crazy now.

I promised each of the kids that I would help them make two of their favorite recipes each. For the last three days, I've loaded and unloaded the dishwasher 12 times, driven to the grocery store four times and burned up my electric mixer.

It's been great. They've had fun being little chefs and actually know their way around a kitchen. A "your welcome" in advance to the future spouses. I want my daughter - in- laws to LOVE me. Teaching the boys to cook and bake well is part of my strategy.

Produced so far from scratch in our humble kitchen:

Farmhouse Pizza
Double Cookie Dough Blast Ice Cream Sandwiches
Eskimo-cicles
Pepperoni Pizza Pockets
Seriously Chocolaty Cheesecake

Exhibit A



A note for the peanut gallery: I wasn't driving to Michael's to buy popsicle sticks, hence the plastic fork approach.

They are very proud of their work and want to sample it several times a day.

In other news, a giant truck delivered all of the roof materials today. There is nothing like spending money on a new roof for a house you are trying to sell...

For California, the Pear trees that blossom in our neighborhood:



It's very pretty here in spring.

5 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger oopsdupps said...

That is only five recipes. Somehow, I am imagining that the last one is still under deliberation by your oldest - possibly some french entree? Greatings from FL.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Chickenone said...

Greetings oopsdupps. When are you coming home?

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Lisa P said...

This sounds like fun!

I didn't realize you are selling your house. What's the scoop?

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Chickenone said...

If we can sell in this market, we're planning to move to another house with a better floor plan just a few miles away...

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think my kids would prefer to be your children this week! Let's see, over their spring break they:

Have eaten tons and tons of junk food because I'm not making dinner...

Have somehow managed to not kill each other even though there hasn't been anyone else to play with (all their friends are out of town)...

Have "volunteered" to help Grandma and Grandpa move stuff around their house in preparation for Grandpa's hip replacement surgery...

Have suffered the demise of the brand new PlayStation 3, a corrupted hard drive...

Does it sound like they are having fun yet? (And of course, Paul is out of town!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home