Thursday, September 07, 2006

Book Smart?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In my Wonderful World Of Boys, I've been learning that Parenting Isn't For Cowards and that What Every Mom Needs might be more than Solid Answers. Speaking Of Boys, this Mother's Heart was pounding out of my chest once again yesterday as my Strong Willed Child refused to go to school. Again. This Real Mom was unsuccessful in getting said child into the gym.

I decided to take a different approach and endeavored to simulate a miserable existence at home. If he didn't want to go to school, I was going to make sure The Five Love Languages Of Children ceased to exist at my house for the stubborn one.

Suffice it to say that yesterday, I definitely didn't Grow Compassionate Kids.

Upon arriving home, I Tempered My Child's Tantrum by instructing him to sit on the entry way rug with his hands in his lap for the entire day. And sit he did. Forget Coaching Your Kids To Be Leaders, I just wanted him to remember that it's no fun at home when you refuse to go to school. As I perused various parenting resources, (i.e. the Love and Logic website, Life Application Study Bible) A Mother's Heart was far from my state of mind and the Power Of A Postive Mom was experiencing a total blackout. Bringing Up Boys is no easy task and I still haven't been able to decode how I can Nurture By Nature. All Mothers are Working Mothers and sometimes I just wish I got the state mandated 30 minute lunch.

5 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Michelle! This is genious! It has been too long since your last post, but this was worth the wait.

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger life girl said...

I agree with Mary...fabulous post. You have my utmost respect and admiration for being a parent. Frankly, it stresses me out to think that one day I will become one. I mean, I am still going to do it but man, not an easy task!

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I've read lots of books and yet I still pull my hair out - glad to hear I'm not the only one. And personally, I think your method of dealing with this problem was freaking genius. I bet he won't stick it out more than a day or two. You rock.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Brilliant.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Pieces said...

Very clever!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home